Fresh install of 6.0.10.2620 says a new version is available

RhatsaRuck

Until today I was using an old version of Eraser (v.6.0.8) installed on my Windows XP Pro 32 bit machine fully patched. This is a Thinkpad T500 with a Core 2 Duo processor.

I uninstalled the old Eraser (using Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs), restarted the machine, downloaded Eraser 6.0.10.2620 from your website, installed it and restarted the machine.

When I open the Eraser icon in the system tray and "Check for updates" the program states there is a new update available: version 6.0.10.2620.

Is this a known problem?

RR

Re: Fresh install of 6.0.10.2620 says a new version is avail

Not one that I knew about, though I should have checked in testing, I suppose ... :oops:

I can confirm your finding, however. I suspect that Joel forgot to update the current version information that the module accesses. This is more of an irritation than a real problem; I think that, as work on 6.2 is going quite slowly, Joel does plan a 6.0.11 release, so presumably the problem will be fixed then. Joel has a rooted, and understandable, aversion to having different versions of the same release in circulation.

David

I just wanted to add i to am having this issue, Win 7 x32 Ultimate.
Also when it says installing update, Windows Explorer opens asking, "What Program Would You Like To Open It With?".

Attachments

• 000000080_SH.jpg
    000000080_SH.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 3,703

If the first problem is fixed the second will probably be fixed too. In the meantime, check the downloads page for any updates. It will be at least a couple of months before there is any movement there, I guess.

David

I think the second problem is a bug, but I remembered fixing it before... Let me investigate.

Okay, it seems like for 6.0.10 the fix is on my database end. I'll add a second fix so that in future even if the database is set wrongly we'll still get the right download.

I've done the second half of the fix in r2721.

I'm still having this problem as well, but assuming the fix will come in 6.0.11 or something.

Back