HELP! Recycle bin icon show full despite delete with eraser.

huuzzuu

Hi,

I'm using Eraser 6.0.8 in Windows XP SP3. I use the following command to delete the recycle bin folder.
eraserl -folder "C:\RECYCLER\" -subfolders -keepfolder -method random 1 -queue -silent

Althought the recycle bin folder shows it's empty now. The recycle bin icon on the desktop still shows the full icon instead of the empty icon. Anyone have any idea how to resolve this? Is this problem of the eraser software or xp? Any help from anyone is much appreaciated. Thx

Re: HELP! Recycle bin icon show full despite delete with era

If the Recycle Bin is empty when opened, and a file recovery program such as Recuva cannot find the former contents, the erasing job will at least have been done.

I can confirm that Erasing the Recycle Bin normally changes the icon, so this is probably not an Eraser issue as such. If you delete a file to the Recycle Bin from Windows Explorer, then empty the Bin, does the icon change?

David

Re: HELP! Recycle bin icon show full despite delete with era

You're still invoking the Eraser 5 client, "eraserl" only exists in Eraser 5, in Eraser 6 you'll use the "eraser" command directly (run "eraser help" for details.) Admittedly it's not the most user friendly, but it should do for most tasks.

Back