• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to create a cd 'boot nuke disk'?

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before however I cannot find similar using the search facility.

I have downloaded the latest version of Eraser however I do not have a floppy drive and would like to create a boot nuke cd. Can someone advise how I do this as when I go to 'Create boot nuke disk' it does not offer the option to do so?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

bert

Hi berts.

If you are intending to completely wipe your hard drive then you need the latest version of DBAN.

Download it here.

You need to download and write the iso to a CD using Nero or similar iso writing software.

berts said:
I cannot find similar using the search facility.
Really ? :shock:

The DBAN help forum may be more helpful.
:wink:

Overwriter said:
berts said:
I cannot find similar using the search facility.
Really ? :shock:

The DBAN help forum may be more helpful.
Really.
I searched for the same terms as my posted question but the threads brought up seemed too vague to be linked. Of course I could have viewed them all on the off chance one may have been of similar vane however... Not got that sort of time on my hands unfortunately! lol

Cheers, Overwriter.

Overwriter,

These links are extremely useful. I am indebted.

Thank you very much.

I actually used another pc with a floppy drive to create a floppy boot and successfully (it would appear!) wiped the drive I was trying to.

The pc is now comfortably running with an unhindered XP Pro o/s and everything brought up to date.

Again, thanks ever so much for all the help and advice.

Joel

I think I should sticky this in the DBAN forum.

Joe