Installing 6.0.8 and 5.8.8 on same computer

csdarknightcs

I have been using Eraser for years, and love it. I tried installing a newer version a short while back, and didn't care for a change that I found (don't recall the exact change, but I seem to think it may have been the ability to rt-click a particular folder and erase the entire folder and contents, or possibly just rt-click a file and erase, just do not remember for sure the problem). I uninstalled the newer version, and re-installed 5.8.8 which I really like. I would like to try 6.0.8, since it is the latest version, but do not want to remove 5.8.8 until I am sure that I will be happy with 6.0.8. Is it possible to have both on the same installation of Windows XP Pro (sp3)? I figured I could choose a different install location, but was not sure about the registry changes which I cannot control.

I have already looked at the FAQ and common questions, and found nothing related to this. Please enlighten me.

csdarknightcs said:
Is it possible to have both on the same installation of Windows XP Pro (sp3)? I figured I could choose a different install location, but was not sure about the registry changes which I cannot control.
The answer is no; Versions 5.x and 6.x cannot coexist on the same machine. Possibly on separate virtual machines, but I haven't tried that.

David

Back