• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Version

I downloaded Eraser 6.2.0.2982, dated 3 January 2018. I have some questions.

1. The file seems small. Is this a full installer for installing while offline or a stub installer that requires an Internet connection? If this is a stub, is a full installer available?

2. Where can I find a version description? That is, what changed since version 6.2.0.2979?

3. Is there a downloadable user document? I often run offline and do not want to go online merely for help in using Eraser.

garrett01

Administrator
Staff member
1. There is now a version with runtimes
2. Updates are to the installer, compiler version and digital cert - the new cert requires a dongle to be used while signing wich means only we can sign the app.
3. yes there is press help in eraser and a PDF manual gets displayed.

Yes! I got the full installer and installed Eraser 6.2.0.2982. Now I have two problems:

1. When I use Eraser, its task completes, and I select the X in the upper-right corner of its window to terminate it, its process does not terminate. The Eraser icon remains in my Windows 7 notification area (previously call the "Tray"). I can right-click on the icon in the notification area and select exit, but how can I get the process itself to terminate automatically when I exit the Eraser window?

2. I cannot get "Integrate Eraser into Windows Explorer" to work. Eraser does not appear in any file or folder context menu. I have not been able to get this to work in any prior 6-version.

Note: When I installed Eraser 6.2.0.2982, I got an error popup about not being able to write a registry key. I could not capture the popup. I noticed that the complete key was not indicated; that is, the HKEY top-level name did not appear.