Problem adding new files/folders

pjn3

I've been using 5.7 for a long time with absolutely no problems untill today.
I wanted to add an Opera Cache file to erase, located in C/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/Opera9. . .etc.
When trying to add the folder, however, I'm only able to get down to C/Documents and Settings. Double clicking "Owner" causes the contents of Owner to appear briefly, but it then goes back to showing just the open Owner file icon; I'm not able to access anything inside of it. It seems to deny access beyond a certain level to that and all other folders as well. As I said, I've used it for years and have cretaed an extensive erasure list--it just won't seem to let me add anything new.

I've tried 5.8, and have disabled slow polling without effect.
Any thoughts appreciated, and thanks in advance

pjn3 said:
I've been using 5.7 for a long time with absolutely no problems untill today.
I wanted to add an Opera Cache file to erase, located in C/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/Opera9. . .etc.
When trying to add the folder, however, I'm only able to get down to C/Documents and Settings. Double clicking "Owner" causes the contents of Owner to appear briefly, but it then goes back to showing just the open Owner file icon; I'm not able to access anything inside of it. It seems to deny access beyond a certain level to that and all other folders as well. As I said, I've used it for years and have cretaed an extensive erasure list--it just won't seem to let me add anything new.

I've tried 5.8, and have disabled slow polling without effect.
Any thoughts appreciated, and thanks in advance

I also use Opera,I use Eraser 5.8. I have a similar problem. It is when you use explorer to 0pen the file....I can't get the submenu with erase on it. Back to your problem, try click on the On Demand box. File/New Task/Files on folder and tick subfolders. Next choose the folder by clicking on the square on the right of the slot, that brings up a dialog box "Choosefilel/folder". Click on my computer and navigate to the folder. When at the folder (cashe4)click on the folder click Ok at he bottom of dialog box. Then if you have more than one task, highlight the task on the ui list, now run should not be grayed out, then click run

I did find that I could add new entries by dragging and dropping or cutting and pasting with Eraser's explorer window. Thanks

Back