Program Compatibility Assistance Service of Windows 7 x64

Hello,

If I use the Program Compatibility Assistance Service of Windows 7 x64 to permanently assign administrator rights to Eraser the Compatibility Assistance draws the conclusion that Eraser is an incompatible program.

What is wrong?

Re: Program Compatibility Assistance Service of Windows 7 x6

eraseduser said:
What is wrong?
We've had this conversation before ... :) And once again the answer is "nothing" ... :D

Eraser does legitimate things the rather badly designed Windows security system objects to (such as wiping free space on disc, which, logically, just cannot be a security issue). I'm not really into discussions about the meaning of words, but, in my book, what is called into question here is not Eraser's level of compatibility, but the very definition of compatibility itself. If Eraser does the job I want it to, I'd rather not get into the philosophical discussion.

That said, I'd agree that Eraser, in its current incarnation, does deal less than elegantly with some of the obstacles Windows puts in its path. A lot of programming effort is going into dealing with those rather complex problems.

David

Re: Program Compatibility Assistance Service of Windows 7 x6

DavidHB said:
That said, I'd agree that Eraser, in its current incarnation, does deal less than elegantly with some of the obstacles Windows puts in its path. A lot of programming effort is going into dealing with those rather complex problems. David

I believe you.

Back