script for unattended wipe?

A

Anonymous

Sorry if this is somewhere else in the forum....I looked all over on the page and in the forum and didn't find anything.

I wanted to see if there was some sort of script file I could use to make the Boot and Nuke automatically start wiping after booting to the disk. i.e. No keystrokes...I put in the disk, turn on the PC, and walk away...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Whoops....answered my own question by looking on the disk itself. In case anyone else need the answer....take a look at the syslinux.cfg file on the disk. It explains from there.

Whoops....answered my own question by looking on the disk itself. In case anyone else need the answer....take a look at the syslinux.cfg file on the disk. It explains from there.

Is there anyway to do this with the CD image? I need to do about 40 machines, and a lot of them dont have floppy drives.

Yes. You must change the syslinux.cfg file and recreate the image.

The easiest way to do this is:

1. Make a real floppy disk that does what you want.
2. Make an image of that floppy disk with WinImage or somesuch.
3. Burn it to a CD-R with boot emulation.

Script

Hi together,

I want to nuke my disk(s) with a script too - it works well, but at the end, dwipe writes a logfile and comes not to an end. But I want to do other steps after wiping disks (creating a new partition and so on). What should I do to enable script-steps after wipeing the disk :?:

DBAN does not have the fdisk or format utilities, so you cannot script these actions.

This would be a billable feature.

Back