Suggestions for improvement and Questions

kiro

Hello!
First to say thank you to Joel for his work.

I´m now using the latest Version on W7 64 bit.

- I´m hardly missing the display of the estimated time till finishing of the "old" versions.
Could that be integrated again?
A little bit more of "visualisation" during the erasing process would be very fine!

Erasing a 500 GB disk (unused space) I´m never sure If its still working because the status bar moves sooooo slooowly ;-)

What do you think?

- The other thing is that with context-menu, everything moves to task planner. Can I have the option that every command starts immediately like it was on previous versions?

- After surfing this forum I solved the problem that I have to run Eraser "as an administrator" (thank you for that) but who do I make this permanant?

Thank YOU !!! :D

kiro said:
- I´m hardly missing the display of the estimated time till finishing of the "old" versions.
Could that be integrated again?
A little bit more of "visualisation" during the erasing process would be very fine!
That's planned for 6.2, slated for sometime this year.

kiro said:
- The other thing is that with context-menu, everything moves to task planner. Can I have the option that every command starts immediately like it was on previous versions?
The idea that it starts in the scheduler is to reduce seeking so erasures complete faster. The only time immedaitely starting the erase now would be faster is if the erase is occuring across two different drives -- 6.2 will have an advanced scheduler will will allow tasks to be run across multiple drives at once.

kiro said:
- After surfing this forum I solved the problem that I have to run Eraser "as an administrator" (thank you for that) but who do I make this permanant?
You can't at the moment -- this is why 6.2 is targeted to be run as a service. But with the task list I have... I wonder if that's possible.

Back