The future of the DBAN forum

Robbie

I'm not sure where to post this, but thought it would be better here rather than in the DBAN forum itself where it may be overlooked.

I've noticed that recently people have been asking support questions for DBAN and haven't had any replies. In the past I've tried to help out where I can but I don't have the technical knowledge to answer some queries and in any case there is an official DBAN forum with queries being answered normally within a day or two of being asked.

Darik (the author of DBAN) has recently said that he keeps an eye on the DBAN forum here but prefers to answer support queries at his own forum. In fact, he hasn't posted here since 18 February 2007 and doesn't look likely to do so in the future.

My suggestion is that the DBAN forum here be closed to new posts, though not deleted since there is much information held in that forum that a search of the forum may turn up. Additionally, a note be placed at the top of the forum directing all users with queries to the official DBAN forum at http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=208932

I'm not really in a position to be able to help out here anymore, and in any case DBAN isn't (as far as I'm aware) bundled with the latest versions of Eraser. It would be better for all, and especially for people seeking support, if people requiring help were directed to the place best suited to get the support and help they need with DBAN.

Back