Why does my Eraser state "completed with errors" whenever I run a wipe of the recycle bin?

ET928

Good day,

I have been using your Eraser program for a month since download and I am delighted with your program.

On the other hand, just recentIy the Eraser program in my laptop displays a notification of “completed with errors” whenever I run a task to wipe the recycle bin.

Because of this, I can’t help but think if my Eraser is still capable of wiping out files (making them irretrievable or unrecoverable) or not.

I first suspected that there was something wrong with my Eraser after I had someone tinker with my msconfig. This is because I encountered the notification for the first time a week ago when I ran the Eraser right after I had someone configure my msconfig.

The notification still appears despite after having my friend turn back on what he disabled and despite turning on all the services & startups in msconfig myself.

As a last resort, I already reinstalled the Eraser, but the notification still appears.

*In spite of the notification, does the files deleted by the Eraser program in my computer still become irretrievable, as promised?

**If not, is there a way I can restore my Eraser program back to the point where it was working well?

***I’m using a company laptop, that is why I would like to make sure that personal files I delete using the Eraser program becomes irretrievable.

garrett01

Administrator
Staff member
Do you see any errors in the windows event log?
Try turning off any Anti-virus applications as these can interfere with erasing.

ET928

Good Day,

I really appreciate your effort in looking into my concern.

1. May I know where in the Windows Event Log to look for errors? (Please see the image: Windows Event Log.)

2. I just tried running an Erase in the Recycle Bin with the Avast Antivirus turned off and it still displays the same results. (Please see the images: Eraser Report 1, Eraser Report 2 & Eraser Report 3).

3. I suspect there might be a problem with my operating system because sometimes the notification: GWXUX has stopped working appears. (Please see image with the same file name).

I tried running a System File Check scan to determine if there are missing or corrupted system files but there are not any (Please see the image: Windows Command Prompt Scan Result.)

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

da_freak

I have a similar problem. I can't erase ZIP/RAR Archive data. Is there a specific setting i switch on?

I use Bitdefender Internet Security 2015, could be this the problem? Or a Security Update of Windows 7?

muscas

Administrator
Staff member
Are you able to 'whitelist' an application in your malware scanner?

There is no reason that eraser might not erase a particular file type unless its being affected by another application

da_freak

Now i use Kaspersky Internet Security instead of Bitdefender Internet Security. The Problem is the same, i can't erase ZIP files.

Eraser is run as admin, added to Kaspersky whitelist and installed in the newest version.

The zip/rar files consists of several parts with a file size of 100-200MB.

muscas

Administrator
Staff member
The problem relates to the AV trying to scan the files while eraser is trying to erase them. You need to temporarily disable the AV before erasing.

da_freak

I switched off my AV and got the same problem.
Meanwhile i use Win 10 and i think the problem should be history but it's the same .
Could jdownloader 2 be the problem?