win 95 msvcr80.dll is linked to missing export kernel32.dll

eraser for win 95

Trying to apply 5.7 i got message saying I needed a new patch level for win 95 is ther an older version of eraser that may run on an older patch level ? where can I find it ?

Hi bobgordc

Is there a particular reason you are still using Win95 ? The reason I ask is that you might actually be wiping the entire disk before throwing or giving it away or something.

If this is the case then you can use DBAN to completely wipe the ENTIRE hard drive. You don’t need to install Eraser to wipe the drive.

If you are still actively using Win95 then perhaps you could use a hex editor instead to wipe free space as it seems Eraser doesn’t go back as far as Win95.

Also you could maybe attach the Win95 hard drive to a more modern machine with Eraser installed on it and wipe the free space that way.

Good luck.

Re: eraser for win 95

bobgordc said:
Trying to apply 5.7 i got message saying I needed a new patch level for win 95 is ther an older version of eraser that may run on an older patch level ? where can I find it ?
version 5.3 is still available from the original developer of Eraser. It was released about 3 years or so before 5.7, perhaps it may work for you without the patch problem.

remember that it is a 7 year old program that you will be attempting to install.

http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/download.shtml

Back