Data recovering software?

PhallusNocturne

Hi!

With the recovery tools out there being in the thousand I was wondering if I could get suggestions as to which software to use if I wanted to test if Eraser deleted the files properly?

Thank you!

One is bound to wonder how your user name relates to this query ... :wink:

I agree that there are far too many recovery products for anyone to test them all, so it is not possible to offer a 100% informed opinion. But, bearing in mind that what all these applications have in common is the file systems with which they work, there will (assuming they work to any extent) be significant similarities between them.

For testing Eraser erases and wipes, I tend to use Recuva, as do others who post to the forum. It is free, has a deep scan mode (which can take a long time), attempts to preview files it thinks it can recover, and has the option to overwrite those files (if it can). The user interface is pretty straightforward, and, of the half dozen or so tools of this kind I have used, I regard it as the best.

David

There are professional utilities around, the names of which evades me at this point. I however can't comment on their usefulness as those are usually rather expensive and almost impossible for a volunteer to afford (which kinda explains why all testing is delegated to the community)

I am working in a french university and got a lot of disk crashes. I have tried about 20 softwares and for me the best is Getdataback datarecovery ; of course very long, analysing each cluster and reconstructing the folders tree BUT you need other tools before if there is a problem in the MBR of the disk, I mean if it is seen unformatted (magic number at the end of the MBR corrupted). The interface is very agreable. Nothing visible after Eraser ( 3 passes DoD). Thanks to the developers for this marvelous tool Eraser. Just a suggestion : help is not very deep and you have to think a little bit...

I agree, but documentation isn't my forte (unfortunately) so I'd use any help I can get at this point with the documentation...

Thanks for the analysis!

Yeah, data recovery software is really useful when something crucial is deleted or removed off from memory card or hard drives due to mistaken deletion, format, virus-infection or the likes. NO matter what happens, always remember to stop using storage device immediately in case of farther data loss and use some data recovery software to take chances.

For testing Eraser erases and wipes, I tend to use Dr.Fone , as do others who post to the forum. It is free, has a deep scan mode (which can take a long time), attempts to preview files it thinks it can recover, and has the option to overwrite those files (if it can). The user interface is pretty straightforward, and, of the half dozen or so tools of this kind I have used, I regard it as the best.

Recuva and PhotoRec are free programs for testing.

Last edited:
Does this program can recover my deleted photos without backup?
Sure you can trust on this program read here to know how to recover deleted photos without backup. fonelab.com/resource/recover-photos-from-iphone-after-restore.html

Last edited:
Recuva and PhotoRec are free programs for testing.
I'm not sure about your phone type. If you want to recover deleted data from HTC, you can try Android Recovery. Or you can try this video on Youtube- How to Recover Data from HTC 10.
You can check out the backup, whether you have synced the data to Gmail account, never add more data to your phone after data loss, cuz they can take up more space, the lost data will be overwritten. Try recovery methods to restore contacts Recuva.

Last edited:
I use Android phone and always loss data by carelessly. My friends recommend me to use Android recovery tools to help. Safe and powerful tool which allows users to restore sms, contacts and media files from all kinds of Android phones and tables.
So do I, thanks to Mobile Recovery tool from AndroidManager, I recovered my text messages lost 3 days ago.

Last edited:
Back