Latest stable version ??

bill735

The download page no longer seems to indicate which builds are "stable". What is latest stable build for Windows 10, 64 bit?

The download page no longer seems to indicate which builds are "stable". What is latest stable build for Windows 10, 64 bit?

I noticed that too. The Eraser page is idiotic. It first states that you must pick your version of Eraser from various flavors. Then it lists a bunch of files that specify nothing but internal build numbers, leaving the reader completely perplexed. Give me a break!

And the blurb about how to report software errors wasn't even edited properly. It appears to be written by someone who simply typed a sentence without reading it back to see whether it makes any sense. It states, "Look for the number after the 'r' ". Lol. Which 'r'? And "Use the 'd' part of the build number." Sure, I eventually figured out what he meant, but why not be clear? It takes only an extra few seconds to write something that is clear to the reader. Obviously, the writer didn't give a rat's behind about the person who had to read it.

I'm just going to stick with DBAN. This Eraser utility seems like it's an unsupported piece of garbage.

Instead of being so vitriolic maybe understand this a volunteer effort and free. Perhaps submit an alternative wording, and we will consider this.

Back