Ability to Change the Boot to Autonuke?

I ran across this software after doing an extensive search to which I am very impressed with it's results. However, is there a way to manipulate the boot to automatically start wiping without any user interaction? To put it another way, is it possible to just load the Cd in the CD-rom and let it do it's job? Of course by this I mean by booting from the CD and not using a GUI which of course this wouldn't be possible due to the fact that the progam would be running in the OS environment which of course I am sure that everyone knows that...... :D

Thanks

Enforcer

Considering human nature and the blunder factor that could have a very grim outcome. :)

Garrett

admin said:
Considering human nature and the blunder factor that could have a very grim outcome. :)

Garrett

I am aware of the ramifications that involve something like this, but on a wide scale, this would be a feasible alternative due to the fact that no one else in the deparment is that incompetant, although I shouldn't make such obvious assumptions. Anyways, it would be a great tool for me to use since at the moment, I was appointed the job to destroy harddrives for my company for donation.

Can anyone answer my question?

Thanks

Do this:

1. Get dban-1.0.1, which is bundled with the lastest version of Eraser.
2. Open the A:\SYSLINUX.CFG file on the DBAN floppy.
3. Set "DEFAULT autonuke".
4. Mark the disk clearly.

Ok, that sounds like a good idea. However, if I were to make an image of the disk, will it work the same? Of course this would be be an easy answer but I would like to have peace of mind! Also, with it set to autonuke in the config, would I be able to specify which method to use? And so is it a matter of deleting the methods I don't want in the config?

Thanks Everyone

Enforcer

There is nothing unusual about the FAT-12 format of the DBAN floppy disk.

If, for example, you make an image of the modified DBAN floppy disk with WinImage, then it will work properly. If you have software that can make the modified floppy image into a bootable ISO, then it will work properly too.

You don't need to delete any of the labels in the syslinux.cfg file. It would, actually, be better to copy-and-paste one of the pre-defined labels and change it to fit your needs.

I was hoping that the syntax of the syslinux.cfg file is obvious. If this is not the case, then send me mail about it and I'll write some documentation.

Back