Basic Use!

Tryguy40

I've just downloaded this program for basic use.What would be good basic settings for this program?Please excuse me for being cautious because I don't want to delete something a program needs.I'm hoping to use this program in place of CCleaner.Any basic ideas would be appreciared. :?

Hi Tryguy40 and wellcome to the forum, since your new you should read the help file which which is included with the program you downloaded. It avoids asking things that are obvious. I don't mean to insult your intelligence. BTW It woud be nice if you posted your post in "Eraser support" the correct board for your post. You should look around before you post.

Sorry I done that.I was just looking for some basic settings that's all.I will take a better look around and try to understand this program. :(

It is already mentioned that Eraser is an advanced security tool. Consider yourself warned...

I hope the program works better than this forum!!!Look around before you posts!I don't mean to insult your intellegence!!!You have been warned!!!This doesn't seem like much help to a newbie at all.However i'll keep searching in the help files for settings that won't mess up my computer. :?

Hi Tryguy40

I am sorry you feel let down by the Eraser forum. If you would feel more comfortable PM’ing me with any questions rather than posting them here I will be glad to help you.

Although I do have to agree with Joel and carver that you would do well to read some of the other users posts here before posting such questions.

Tryguy40 said:
I've just downloaded this program for basic use.What would be good basic settings for this program?Please excuse me for being cautious because I don't want to delete something a program needs.I'm hoping to use this program in place of CCleaner.Any basic ideas would be appreciared. :?

I don't see Eraser as a replacement for CCleaner. Its primary purpose is to erase files and folders in such a way that it is difficult to almost impossible for even trained people to retrieve them even using specialized software or hardware. In other words, the program is meant to ensure that files that might compromise your security get completely wiped from your hard drive.

For most purposes, you should have both of the options at the bottom of the the Erasing Options checked. If erasing folders or files that aren't too large you may get the best security using the 35 pass Gutman method, but I am told that even one pass Pseudorandom will be quite effective for most purposes. It does take quite a bit longer using 35 pass Gutman, and if you erase unused disk space it can take forever as well as really stressing your hard drive.

Regards,

jberaser

Tryguy40 said:
It's just that i've read alot of good things about this program.

Can I ask where from please ? I would like them to know about the new Beta versions if someone is writing reviews.

I am hoping to compile a list of people to notify (review writers etc) of when new versions of Eraser are released, particularly when V6 comes out !

Thanks.

This program was mentioned at Wilder's security under the Privacy forums.You should check in some time.I'm sure your expertise would be appreciated. :D

Lol, that's why, there's always the tech support and there's the developers. And they are almost always working in separate departments.... :roll:

Fact of life I guess.
Joel

Back