Best way to proceed?

tb582

OK I have two hdd's in Raid 0 as my OS drive. I then have a 120GB drive that I store my files on. Then an 80GB external usb drive that I use for backup.

I want to wipe ALL of my drives. But I want to keep some of the data on the 120 and 80gb drives.

So here is what I was thinking, Wipe my os drive, reinstall windows, copy the files that I want to keep on my other two drives to my os drive. Then wipe both of my data drives. Restart then copy the files back...

Now my concern is that when I copy the files I want to keep that it will also bring along other info about what used to be on the drives?

Also what is the best wipe to use?

tb - Someone with a similar set-up might be along eventually to help (it's the weekend, after all).

I'd help you myself if I could, but I can't. Patience. Pete

tb582 said:
OK I have two hdd's in Raid 0 as my OS drive. I then have a 120GB drive that I store my files on. Then an 80GB external usb drive that I use for backup.

I want to wipe ALL of my drives. But I want to keep some of the data on the 120 and 80gb drives.

So here is what I was thinking, Wipe my os drive, reinstall windows, copy the files that I want to keep on my other two drives to my os drive. Then wipe both of my data drives. Restart then copy the files back...

Now my concern is that when I copy the files I want to keep that it will also bring along other info about what used to be on the drives?

Also what is the best wipe to use?

I was just reading another post and it said that you cant wipe and external drive with Dban... :( is that true?

If so I guess that kinda screws up my plans on wiping... Is there no workaround with dban?

Back