can recover files

coolguy123

so i used recuva and it showed all these files that could still be recovered so i did a test and deleted a word document using eraser and it was able to recover it in excellent condition but when i recovered the file to open it i needed a converter or something to see it please help im confused

coolguy123 said:
so i used recuva and it showed all these files that could still be recovered so i did a test and deleted a word document using eraser and it was able to recover it in excellent condition but when i recovered the file to open it i needed a converter or something to see it please help im confused

You should be able to open a small file in notepad ,I think you will find that although you have erased your word doc you forgot to erased the auto backup that word keeps ,it may be that this is what you are seeing

Oh, I think what you areseeing is that the file record is still there (which shouldn't happen actually -- how are you erasing it, which version are you using?) but the converter is required because the actual file data is missing (erased by Eraser) and thus Word thinks the file is foreign and can't open it.

Joel

can you use eraser (wiping un used space) in the background while sill using the computor ?

Back