Cannot with CL delete directory contents but not directory

Engelbert

I am trying out the command line interface with eraser.exe 6.0.10.2620. I previously used eraserl.exe, but understand that the preferred method is to use eraser.exe with command line options. I have therefore tried the following:

"C:\Program Files\Eraser\Eraser.exe" addtask --quiet --method=b1bfab4a-31d3-43a5-914c-e9892c78afd8 --schedule=now --dir="Z:\Temp"

You will note that for the directory named, I am not specifying delete as an option.
As I interpret the help file, this means that directory "Z:\Temp" should be emptied but not itself deleted.
However, "Z:\Temp" IS deleted.
This may be a bug, or is there is an explicit way to say "do not delete the directory itself"?

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Engelbert

Re: Cannot with CL delete directory contents but not directo

Ah: I'm assuming you're referring to the eraser help command?

The Eraser 6.0 command line was not meant for public use, but people always like pushing software to the limits, so... I've fixed this in r2792.

Thank you Joel.

In my setup, I always invoke Eraser in an automated script which has multiple command lines rather than using the GUI version. Thus my addiction to EraserL.exe in previous versions and desire to use the new Eraser.exe CL options. However, I have found version 6.0.10.2620 problematic in several ways, so have reluctantly reverted to 5.8.7.

Thank you again for your worthy efforts.

Yes, The command line in 6.0 does not allow you to run a task, only add a task. You can add multiple targets, but over the command line it is rather clumsy.

You can try 6.2 if you want command line support; it is more complete there but I think there are probably still a few kinks to work out.

Thank you, I appreciate your response and suggestion.

Back