Can't Import Saved Tasks (.ers) File

nvcowboy

Before uninstalling old Eraser program in order to install the new 5.86.1 version, I exported the tasks list to my desktop in the form of a .ers file. Upon successful installation of the new version I try to import the task list but I continually get this Error Message: Exception ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at address 0x0040b5ef. Can anyone suggest anything? I don't know what this all means! :? The list was a somewhat long one compiled over the last couple YEARS :!: :roll:

Attachments

• Eraser Import Error1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 411
Hi :)

I don’t know the answer to your specific question but I did find this thread which makes me wonder if the old style .ers files won’t work with the new release or if it is just that their location has changed.

Well Overwriter - I tried the suggestion. I copied the saved .ers file from older version, into C%Local%App%Eraser. I then renamed the current default file in there to default.ers.old - I then renamed the ers file that I put in there to "default.ers". I open Eraser, no tasks listed. Import task ? I get the same damn error. :x

Arrgghh, oh, well ! :roll:

Sorry about that nvcowboy, it was just a guess anyway.

Perhaps you could revert back to whichever version of Eraser worked for you before and use your .ers files again. I would just hang on in there and wait for Eraser V6 which is under serious development at the moment before making the effort to renew all your favourite settings. There is little point doing them all for V5 versions anymore as you will want V6 when it comes out.

I am sorry you have had this trouble with Eraser but please do come back when V6 is released ! :)

nvcowboy said:
Well Overwriter - I tried the suggestion. I copied the saved .ers file from older version, into C%Local%App%Eraser. I then renamed the current default file in there to default.ers.old - I then renamed the ers file that I put in there to "default.ers". I open Eraser, no tasks listed. Import task ? I get the same damn error. :x
It's not C%Local%App%Eraser, it is a system environment variable: %APPDATA%\Eraser

Joel

Joel,
I just made up that line "C%Local%App%Eraser" so I wouldn't have to type out the whole address. I did put it in the 'C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Eraser' folder. :p

By the way, I tried importing the default.ers file(s) again today and no error message! :D BUT, nothing was imported! :? I'm assuming (I hate doing that) one would be able to see the list of tasks in the program interface once imported successfully, right? :?: So, I'll just take Overwriter's advice and wait :wink: for V6. I'll list what I want and can remember for now. Thanks for your help! :)

Hi NVcowboy

That’s great to hear, I am looking forward to V6 myself !

Please keep checking back or you could watch the progress of V6 here. :)

TBH I've not considered importing tasks to be important in v6, hence it's not implemented (yet) and currently we have no plans to import it. Is it important? I'd like to hear from you guys.

Joel

Hello,

Apologies for reviving an old thread. After an extensive google search yielded no result I decided to sign up here. I updated from 6.0.10 to 6.2.2970 recently. However, I'm unable to import my backed up task list to the new version. The current task list extension (.ersy) seems to be different from the old one (.ersx). My old task list contains 25-30 entries. Since I don't fancy (if I can help :p) manually re-creating the list, I would like to know if there's a way of converting ersx to ersy or, at the very least the ability to view the existing list (.ersx) if an import isn't possible.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back