Cant install eraser 5.86

scotti

There was an error at the end of the install but eraser appeared in All programs, but every time any of the installed programs were run they gave the error "the file was installed incorrectly".

I uninstaled 5.86 and tried 5.75 which appears to work correctly.

I am using XP x64 prof on a 64bit Acer Ferrari 4000 laptop

Any ideas what may be wrong

I've fixed the issue, sorry. It was an error in the setup configuration.

WRT http://bbs.heidi.ie/viewtopic.php?t=3018, the former about the x64 redist being missing is fixed. However the inability to have the shell extension is a new thing... I'd need more feedback from x64 users (please understand that I'm fixing this blindly as I'm not using x64)

Joel

I am not sure if you have published the update yet as the download I made today appears to have the same number, and produces the same error when I try to install it.

I uninstalled 5.75 first and ran the new download, as the message suggested it might rtequire a second try I ran the instalation twice with the same error each time.

I did not record the error when I first reported t problem, but this time I can be more helpfull, the message is as follows.

Unable to execute file C:\Program files\eraser\eraser.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 14001
This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

It's all ready pending a signature by Garrett (those Authenticode ones).

Joel

I'm going to assume this issue is referring to 5.86a when installed in 32-bit WinXP? (I've got the same problem, but 5.86 works fine.)

Just DL'd and tried to install but got the redist file missing error. I'm running XP Home 32bit. Any help? And is there some sort of uninstall I have to do? I cancelled at the point the error occurred.
Thanks!
Paul Q

Joel said:
I've fixed the issue, sorry. It was an error in the setup configuration.

WRT http://bbs.heidi.ie/viewtopic.php?t=3018, the former about the x64 redist being missing is fixed. However the inability to have the shell extension is a new thing... I'd need more feedback from x64 users (please understand that I'm fixing this blindly as I'm not using x64)

Joel

My Eraser 5.86 (12/7) experience:
Vista 32-bit: no problems
Vista 64-bit: no context menus (only recycle bin has context menu)
Server 2003 32-bit: no problems
Server 2003 64-bit: error after installation (CreateProcess failed; code 14001
This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.)

I'm running Windows XPx64-bit as well. The program seems to run OK but I do not have context menus on anything except the recycle bin. I guess this works OK, but I really did like having the ability to erase individual files.

Are there any planned fixes for x64? Thanks a lot.

Only if someone can tell me how I can get the 64 bit edition of Vista yes (I'm on a 32 bit OEM). All fixes for x64 are done by me blindly!

Joel

Back