CCleaner steps it up a notch

jackjack

Looks like CCleaner has stepped it up a notch by adding the ability to securely wipe free space. While it's not as configurable as eraser at the moment it's an interesting development. We now have as far as I can see Eraser 6 which is aiming for CCleaner like functionality and CCleaner which is going for eraser like functionality.

Having briefly played around with eraser 6, no offence Joel, I was less than impressed with the UI usability and found it pushing me back to 5.x and looking for other potential options. Coming from a unix background I'm probably a bit dyed in the wool when it comes to how I like my interfaces but I just felt that eraser was going for a flashy look while foregoing a bit of the usability and straight forwardness of 5.x.

I'll be watching intently to see where CCleaner goes from here...

It isn't, it's a separate project.

Joel

Ccleaner is a good prouduct like Eraser CCleamer is used when you remove software, like doing a clean up of your room to straighten things up. Eraser is used to remove files by overwriting targeted files.

When you mean targeted files, are you talking about files that were deleted and cleared from the recycling bin?

eraser1987 said:
When you mean targeted files, are you talking about files that were deleted and cleared from the recycling bin?
Not necessarily, you select the "Targets". Ccleaner just makes the "Targets" available to be cleaned, weather or not the "Targets" are selected is your choice.

Attachments

• Ccleaner choices.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 10,575
Back