CDROM R version od dban...the hard Drive nuke

Geof

:?: A couple of questions? #1)Where do you find the CDROM R version o dban to wipe my hard drive? #2) I downloaded the dban1.0.6_i338 from Univ. of MN. site, then recorded it to a CDROM on "Easy CD creator" and did not finalize it, (leaving it open allows me to add other erasing items on this CD). When I put in the dban CD or click-on my downloaded dban in the "My Documents" it always goes to the "Easy CD Creator" and there site my dban1.0.6, but I cannot open it, or use it! WHY? What am I doing wrong? How do I fix? #3) I have my original "Resource and Driver Utility, my Windows 98SE CD, and my Microsoft Works Suite 99' CD's, which includes Internet Explorer 4.01. When I wipe my hard drive, are these the "Operating System Recovery Disks" I need to restore my operating system, or am I looking for something else? What one is first, if so, Windows 98SE? #4) Ho do I set to boot from CD within the BIOS of the PC. I don't know where to look!

#1)Where do you find the CDROM R version o dban to wipe my hard drive?
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dban/dban-1.0.6_i386.iso?download

#2) I downloaded the dban1.0.6_i338 from Univ. of MN. site, then recorded it to a CDROM on "Easy CD creator" and did not finalize it, (leaving it open allows me to add other erasing items on this CD).
Setting this option will break DBAN. Use default burning options.

When I put in the dban CD or click-on my downloaded dban in the "My Documents" it always goes to the "Easy CD Creator" and there site my dban1.0.6, but I cannot open it, or use it! WHY? What am I doing wrong? How do I fix?
Open the ISO file as an image and burn it. Do not create a new layout.

If afterwards you see only one file on the CD-R disc, then it has been burned incorrectly.

#3) I have my original "Resource and Driver Utility, my Windows 98SE CD, and my Microsoft Works Suite 99' CD's, which includes Internet Explorer 4.01. When I wipe my hard drive, are these the "Operating System Recovery Disks" I need to restore my operating system, or am I looking for something else?
Yes, you will use these discs to reinstall the operating system and bundled applications.

Check that your Microsoft Windows 98 SE disc is bootable prior to running DBAN.

#4) Ho do I set to boot from CD within the BIOS of the PC. I don't know where to look!
You must run the BIOS setup program to change the boot order. Do this by pushing <ESC>, <DEL>, or <F1> after you power-on the computer. This varies between computers, so you must experiment.

Back