Cleaning Swap file...Questions...

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I'm looking for a little help with cleaning my Swap file while in DOS mode. I know I have to set a certain amount of space for the swap to use so how much is ok to set?...My hard drive is 10GB...

Also the instructions that are set out in the Eraser Help section are not very detailed...If anyone could break it down a little more it would be great...

If there is anything that I might run into while doing this I welcome any advice (warnings) you might have to offer...

Thanks

Swap file erasing.

On a fairly old laptop with Win98SE,and addtional memory up to 256mb,I just set the swap file to zero(normally fixed at 250mb)-run a disc wipe with Eraser through Windows,and return the swap file to its previous value.This is quite OK according to the programs author,and just as quick for me!

Re: Swap file erasing.

guest said:
On a fairly old laptop with Win98SE,and addtional memory up to 256mb,I just set the swap file to zero(normally fixed at 250mb)-run a disc wipe with Eraser through Windows,and return the swap file to its previous value.This is quite OK according to the programs author,and just as quick for me!
Me again! Maybe I should have specified "free space disc wipe" above.Also,not sure you would have any problems at all,but I always turn everything that might run in the background off,such as anti virus,Zone Alarm etc. to be sure.

Back