display problems?

povrats

so i'm a total noob, but i ran eraser 5.84 (32 bit) and now my computer is displaying all of the fonts oddly; google's matched links are now small, as opposed to in bold, and i can't see anything on aim (6.0) for some reason...help?

ps: i also can no longer delete searched items in ie like the guy before me on this forum posted.

Hi povrats

A restart will sort out your display problems.

The 1.5 gig of lost space is because Eraser was interrupted before it had chance to delete its temp file. You can either run Eraser again and let it complete or you could delete the “~ERAFSWD.TMP” file from your drive manually.

Also I would download and use the Eraser 5.85 Beta 6. It is a Beta so use at your own risk but it is much better than Eraser 5.84.

hey, thanks very much, it worked! just one more quick question...when i ran eraser again without cleaning cluster tips, this time i gained about 3 gigs worth of space from my original free space amount (i went from 37 originally, to about 35, then to about 40 this last time)...is there anything to be concerned about/anything not supposed to get erased did/etc? thanks again.

povrats said:
when i ran eraser again without cleaning cluster tips

Hi povrats, how do i run eraser without cleaning cluster tips, i get a error during that, maybe if i skip that part it will work for me.

Im going to try that beta, and see how i go. :D

voodoochile said:
povrats said:
when i ran eraser again without cleaning cluster tips

Hi povrats, how do i run eraser without cleaning cluster tips, i get a error during that, maybe if i skip that part it will work for me.

Im going to try that beta, and see how i go. :D

In the Options there is a checkbox for cleaning cluster tips and you can uncheck it.

Regards,

jberaser

Apart from your System Restore checkpoints under XP.

But System Restore never works for me. Doubt it works to begin with lol

Joel

Joel said:
But System Restore never works for me. Doubt it works to begin with lol Joel

I can't imagine why it wouldn't. I've had to use it several times in the past couple of years, almost always with success and never with a catastrophic result.

Once was when I was first setting up a two monitor system and - after getting it set up then later fooling around with some options I messed up so that all I got was a bunch of colors on both of the monitors. Resetting System Restore to the point before I started messing up got both monitors working properly again. And I've had similar recoveries when installing and then uninstalling some software that messed up some other software I needed. Without System Restore, several of these issues might have meant a re-install of the OS.

Regards,

JoeB

=shrug=. Microsoft idiosyncrasies I guess.

Joel

Back