Driver Addition/ Re-engineering

copter

Hi,
I use dban to wipe a lot of drives with highly sensitive information and at the moment out of all the software i have tested dban is the best at parallel wiping.

I have been playing around with compiling dban and adding drivers but in the end i haven't the time or skills to add a new driver to the kernel. What i need is to be able to add the driver for a adaptec 48300 card. So i can wipe sas and sata drives. It doesn't matter if the systems have to boot from floppy or cd.

I need to know if you can do it, what you would need to be able to do it and how much it would cost?

Also if i supplied you with some Sun Sparc servers would you be able to port your program over to a sparc platform? Not as a boot platform but from withing Solaris so it could take advantage of Solaris FCAL drivers.

If it sounds too complicated or your not interested, no probs,

Regards

Copter

What i need is to be able to add the driver for a adaptec 48300 card.
The Adaptec 48300 driver is not in DBAN because it contains a black blob with an incompatible license.

I need to know if you can do it,
I can do this customization for you, but note that the change will not be added to the public DBAN release.

what you would need to be able to do it and how much it would cost?
I would need a hardware sample and a few weeks of time. If the job is typical, then I would invoice you for my time after I had a solution ready.

Also if i supplied you with some Sun Sparc servers would you be able to port your program over to a sparc platform?
Yes.

Note that DBAN is already mostly ported, but I do not have enough recent hardware samples to do proper testing. Equipment manufactured in the last five years would be best.

Not as a boot platform but from withing Solaris so it could take advantage of Solaris FCAL drivers.
I figure that DBAN could use the Solaris 10 kernel instead of the Linux kernel.

If you wish to discuss this further, then send email to dajhorn-dban@vanadac.com

Back