Eager to know Eraser 6.2 dev status!

123blackjack

Eraser is one of the best, no the best in what it does. One issue with the current stable line of 6.0.9 is that it does not ask for confirmation before doing the delete. So i am forced to use the beta 6.2/6.1.0 line which seems outdated. Is the 6.2 version in active development. When can we expect a 6.2 final release?

Few feature requests :

1) Can we have Dban features ( a boot disk) incorporated into eraser , so that eraser will be a complete disk erasure suite....

2) Completely erase a partition / disk ( a complete wipe - both free space and the files in it)

123blackjack said:
Eraser is one of the best, no the best in what it does. One issue with the current stable line of 6.0.9 is that it does not ask for confirmation before doing the delete. So i am forced to use the beta 6.2/6.1.0 line which seems outdated. Is the 6.2 version in active development. When can we expect a 6.2 final release?
As you probably know, I'm the only one currently doing any development on Eraser, and there are commitments that I can't run away from and thus time available is very limited. I can't give a rough date for completion... the best I can give is "it will be done when it is done"

123blackjack said:
1) Can we have Dban features ( a boot disk) incorporated into eraser , so that eraser will be a complete disk erasure suite....

2) Completely erase a partition / disk ( a complete wipe - both free space and the files in it)
The boot disk is beyond the scope of this project. Eraser 6.2 allows you to wipe a partition/disk from the UI, like how DBAN would. Of course, you cannot erase your system partition.

Back