Eraser 5.7 Problem (Requires Multiple Files To Function)

A

Anonymous

Wierd problem, when attempting to erase an individual file, that is located anywhere but the Desktop, Eraser 5.7 reports that the file can not be erased because it is in use, multiple files/folders erase without problems.

This behavior only occurs on this particular machine, with this version of Eraser, prior versions work fine. Any clues??

Ok, but first could you give us some idea of what your working with? OS , Memory, HD space.. , what type of files is this problem effecting? temp / tmp / graphics / other ?

I have a Dell Dimension 8300, WinXP Pro SP1, 2.6 Ghz P4, HyperThreading Enabled; 80 Gb HD, DMA enabled, formatted NTFS; 512 Mb RAM. All files are effected, regardless of file type, permissions, etc.

This only occurs on this particular machine, and only with v5.7, < v5.7 works fine.

As I mentioned if I invoke Eraser on a single file anywhere (ie: Explorer, either in standard view or explorer view), it complains that the file is in use, and cannot be erased. (This is not true if the file in question resides in the Desktop folder, and is accessed via the actual desktop interface.)

If I create a new file of any type, then multi-select both the file in question and the newley created file, then select erase via the context menu, both files erase without problem.

Not a big issue, but it has me baffled.

SammeyDW said:
Ok, but first could you give us some idea of what your working with? OS , Memory, HD space.. , what type of files is this problem effecting? temp / tmp / graphics / other ?

Do you have background entropy polling disabled from preferences? Do you have any other applications running in the background? Perhaps a virus scanner?

Entropy polling is off, as I know it is problematic on 2000/XP systems, Norton System Works 2002 with NAV 8.07.17c is installed, but I have disabled and still the same issue.

Anonymous said:
Do you have background entropy polling disabled from preferences? Do you have any other applications running in the background? Perhaps a virus scanner?

Back