Eraser 6 rc4 Batch file

Spacebar

Greetings,

I have installed the latest version of Eraser and tried using a .cmd file i used oin version 5.82 based on eraerl uinfortunately the batch file will not run and I receive the following error " Unknown argument: C:\Documents and Settings\GuestHouse\cookies" -method DoD Press enter to continue . . "

Below is an example of the batch file I found on the forum sometime back that I used with 5.82.... How can I modify the batch/cmd file to work with version 6 rc4?

@echo off
echo clearing user data...
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "%USERPROFILE%\cookies\" -method "DoD"
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "%USERPROFILE%\locals~1\history\" -subfolders -method DoD -queue -silent
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "%USERPROFILE%\locals~1\tempor~1\" -subfolders -method DoD -queue -silent
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "%USERPROFILE%\recent\" -method DoD -queue -silent
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "%USERPROFILE%\cookies\" -method DoD -queue -silent
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "GuestHouse\cookies\" -method DoD -queue -silent
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "GuestHouse\locals~1\history\" -subfolders -method DoD -queue -silent
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "GuestHouse\locals~1\tempor~1\" -subfolders -method DoD -queue -silent
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "GuestHouse\recent\" -method DoD -queue -silent
echo clearing recycled bin...
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -recycled -method DoD -queue -silent
echo clearing temp folder...
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "%TEMP%" -subfolders -keepfolder -method DoD -queue -silent
echo clearing java cache...
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -folder "%APPDATA%\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0" -subfolders -keepfolder -method DoD -queue -silent
echo clearing Firefox data...
for /D %%G in ("%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*.*") do (
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -file "%%G\Cache\*" -method DoD -queue -silent
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -file "%%G\history.dat" -method DoD -queue -silent
C:\progra~1\eraser\eraserl -file "%%G\cookies.txt" -method DoD -queue -silent
)
echo clearing MRUs...
C:\progra~1\mru-bl~1\mrubla~1.exe -silent

Your Help is appreciated,
Spacebar

Currently the v6 command line is quite user-unfriendly. You really need to know what you're doing. Type eraser help for the whole help.

Basically you need to create a task, combine all paths now into one so that you can group them as a task. Or you can run them as is, modifying it to run using eraser addtask but that will leave you with many entries in the scheduler (unless you tell Eraser to clear them on successful completion). -method X is replaced with -method <method GUID> which you have to use eraser querymethods to find the IDs. The IDs should not change.

However, based on what I think you're doing, I think you should instead create a task in Eraser and schedule it to run instead. Eraser's command line now creates tasks in the running instance of Eraser so it is no longer blocking like before.

Joel

Back