Eraser and Microsoft .net Framework error

Thecovester

Hi, I was trying to install Eraser on windows XP, and the setup made me install Microsoft Framework 3.5. I was fine with that, but right before it finished installing there was an error. The error log read:

[08/21/10,11:52:23] MSXML 6.0 Parser: [2] Error: Installation failed for component MSXML 6.0 Parser. MSI returned error code 1603
[08/21/10,11:53:02] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates MSXML 6.0 Parser is not installed.

After it closed it started setting up Eraser on my computer, but a message box popped up saying that Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 required, and then it closed.

Here's an interesting thing: The error log also showed a log written August 2007, and it gave the same error message:

[08/19/10,07:31:05] MSXML 6.0 Parser: [2] Error: Installation failed for component MSXML 6.0 Parser. MSI returned error code 1603

I don't really understand much of this, but is there any way to use Eraser without installing the .Net Framework?

This has all the hallmarks of a .NET Framework failed install, which will prevent a proper installation occurring. You need to remove the framework completely before reinstalling it.

I haven't found any references to an official Microsoft removal tool for .NET 3.5. There are unofficial tools, but, as I have not used them, I cannot say whether you should try them or not. Unless Joel knows of a link, the best I can suggest is that you search the web on ".NET Framework 3.5 removal tool", and make your own assessment of what you find.

David

Only Joel would say 'of course' ... :)

David

:lol:

Back