Eraser and Windows Explorer

DERoss

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
Eraser 6.2.0.2993

The checkbox is checked for "Integrate Eraser into Windows Explorer". The Save Settings button was then selected. I then rebooted my PC. Nevertheless, I cannot get Eraser to appear in the pull-down context menu for any folder or file.

I tried completely removing Eraser and then reinstalling it. I got the error popup shown in the attached JPEG file named "Eraser installation error.jpg". However, I always seem to get that error on every update.

I again did a complete removal and reverted to version 6.2.0.2992, again getting that error popup. However, Eraser now appears in the pull-down context menus for both file and folders.

Attachments

• Eraser installation error.jpg
    Eraser installation error.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 8
I tried that. Eraser still did not appear in the pull-down context menu for any object.

NOTE: When installing, I selected not to terminate Windows Explorer. Instead, I rebooted after installing.

Cannot repeat this , tried on a fresh Win 10 machine just now . Unfortunatly I don't have Win 7 any more.
Have you tried older versions of Eraser?

I reverted back to version 6.2.0.2992 on 10 Oct 2021. That version supports use from a Windows Explorer pull-down context menu. Thus, the problem was introduce in version 6.2.0.2993.

Is there any progress in fixing this problem? Yes, I understand a newer version of Eraser would be required.

Back