Eraser + Antivirus Programs

drDubbelklick

Hi,

In my temporary folder, I had a zip file containing an infected executable that I had sent to Avira, my Antivirus provider.
Since antivirus programs use low-level API to intercept all reads and writes, Eraser was unable to erase the file, as Avira popped up a box, stating that the file was a virus and denied all access to it.

This might be a hard nut to solve, since most antivirus vendors have the core of their program to run as a service and hook into the file system functionality at a very deep level.

This might be a nice feature to have, but it means circumventing the antivirus guard. At the moment, I am not able to stop the antivirus service, as it probably has hidden another component somewhere that detects alterations to the services, which is correct, but also has side effects, such as this.
There is, however, the option of adding exclusions to the antivirus program, folders or files that it should not bother about.

I had to press SHIFT+DEL when the zip file was selected, but there goes the security aspect.
It happens that antivirus software gives false positives, so how should one tackle this?

Most antivirus programs have an option to clean out their quarantine folders after a certain # of days, I'd just let that handle deleting the zip files, since as you said antivirus software has measures in place to make sure that it does not get disabled and whatnot. Worst case, temporarily disable the active scanner so you can delete the zip file, then re-enable it after you're done.

There is, however, the option of adding exclusions to the antivirus program, folders or files that it should not bother about

Yah. Currently, that's the work around that I am using and so far it's working pretty well for me.

Eraser + Antivirus Programs + Complete Security System

I think Protegent 360 is the best option for you. It is a complete security system. It is not a simple antivirus software but also provide various features like activity monitor, child lock, port locker and data security as well. you can go to the relevant website of this software. :)

Back