Eraser.dll Dependencies

shmengie

Hi, I'm using Eraser v5.86a and interfacing with the eraser.dll file works great on most machines. Our QA department installed our app on a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine and is getting errors attempting to load eraser.dll. Here is what is in the Windows Event (system) log:

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFC. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
Generate Activation Context failed for eraser.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

The source for all three error messages is SideBySide. Ideally I'd just like to distribute eraser.dll with our app, but there are apparently some other dependencies. Does anyone know all of eraser.dll's dependencies, or at least tell me what other dll's or redistributables I need to include with my app? Thanks!

Eraser 5.86+ requires the VC++ 8 runtimes (I think it's version 8 anyway) to be installed. Instead, you can try the DLL included with the 5.87b1 portable package here -

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4470

The runtimes are statically linked. Use DllExport from NirSoft to get the correct exported function names.

I just tested the portable version and it worked like a charm on the machine I was having a problem with. I'm going to use this version moving forward. Thanks!

Do be careful of the licensing of your app though, Eraser is GPL and not LGPL.

Joel

Back