eraser install problem

andy2008

Hi All I tried Eraser 5.84 on a laptop with vista home premium. Some parts worked ie I could drag simple files, docs mp3s etc into the on demand windows and erase, also the pop up box on the recycle bin worked.
when I tried to erase temp files I had problems. First tried running scheduler, files not erased. tried dragging files into on demand window. these looked like they were being erased, but were still present after the erase.

I therefore decided to uninstall, restart and install a newer version, 5.86 RC2. The installation stopped at 29%. I then tried 5.84 again (after restarting) The Eraser Setup584x32 downloaded. After clicking run, Norton opened, Clicked allow. Installaware wizard window opened reading 'cannot start setup - file may be corrupt.
Any advice?? please be aware I'm a complete novice with this subject.

andy2008 said:
Hi All I tried Eraser 5.84 on a laptop with vista home premium. Some parts worked ie I could drag simple files, docs mp3s etc into the on demand windows and erase, also the pop up box on the recycle bin worked.
when I tried to erase temp files I had problems. First tried running scheduler, files not erased. tried dragging files into on demand window. these looked like they were being erased, but were still present after the erase.

I therefore decided to uninstall, restart and install a newer version, 5.86 RC2. The installation stopped at 29%. I then tried 5.84 again (after restarting) The Eraser Setup584x32 downloaded. After clicking run, Norton opened, Clicked allow. Installaware wizard window opened reading 'cannot start setup - file may be corrupt.
Any advice?? please be aware I'm a complete novice with this subject.

I'll leave it to the more technically competent people to try to help you with why you may be having problems with the program.

However, are you sure you need eraser? This program is not designed to be used as a file deleter for common deletion tasks. It is meant to completely erase files that, if they were somehow recovered by others using recovery software, might somehow compromise your security, perhaps such things as password files, tax or other financial files, files containing personal information you wouldn't want others to know about, etc. You mention trying to erase MP3 files, which made me wonder if you were planning on using Eraser in place of the regular Windows File Delete options.

Regards,

JoeB

Perhaps you have do a fresh download? The setup may be corrupt.

Back