Eraser Log File

StarWarrior

I have searched the forum and cant find where Erasers error log file is. Where is is and what is its file name. Eraser is remembering past errors even though I've uninstalled the application and reinstalled.

Thanks

It isn't, Eraser is not developed by Heidi, they're just supporting the project.

Which version of Eraser are you using? v6 has the log file in the Registry (this will change -- future releases will have it stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%) v5 has it in %APPDATA%\Eraser\Schedlog.txt

Joel

Joel said:
It isn't, Eraser is not developed by Heidi, they're just supporting the project.

Which version of Eraser are you using? v6 has the log file in the Registry (this will change -- future releases will have it stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%) v5 has it in %APPDATA%\Eraser\Schedlog.txt

Joel

Where in the registry?

It would be helpful to know (at least until the button for clearing the log is made to work).

Paul Coddington said:
Joel said:
It would be helpful to know (at least until the button for clearing the log is made to work).
If you mean the task log, the clear button works fine for me on the recent build (1884) I am using on both my Vista and my Windows 7 machine.

If you are using a nightly (development) build of Version 6, as you pretty much have to at present, this will contain debug code which creates a crash log when the program crashes; on startup, the log then asks you whether you want to upload the log. If you cancel the upload, the program will ask again when Windows next starts up, because the crash logs are not deleted until after upload - a potential irritation I agree. However, if you untick all the entries in the upload dialog, then instruct the program to proceed, nothing is uploaded, and all the entries are deleted.

You can also delete (or erase) the crash logs directly. They are in the Eraser 6 sub-folder of the folder referenced by the environment variable %LOCALAPPDATA%; this is a hidden folder, so you will need to have viewing of hidden files and folders turned on in order to see it.

Hope this helps,

David

Back