eraser not working

mudcat

I installed eraser but when I try to start it I always get this error message: ERASER HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. It done this already 10 times after I try to open it. What can I do?

Please see the FAQ topic entitled 'Common Eraser Questions'. Start by deleting the Task List; if that doesn't work, do a full uninstall of Eraser, and reinstall.

David

DavidHB said:
Please see the FAQ topic entitled 'Common Eraser Questions'. Start by deleting the Task List; if that doesn't work, do a full uninstall of Eraser, and reinstall.

David

There is no TASK LIST. The program will not even open before it gets this error popup. I already uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times. It still will not load.

The Windows installer is giving problems, and your original failed install is blocking each subsequent attempt. You need to do a 'brute force' uninstall, as described in this thread. That is the same thing as a full uninstall (see above).

David

DavidHB said:
The Windows installer is giving problems, and your original failed install is blocking each subsequent attempt. You need to do a 'brute force' uninstall, as described in this thread. That is the same thing as a full uninstall (see above).

David

The eraser program does install..because I see it installing on the popup...it says INSTALL COMPLETE. AND I SEE A PLACE TO PUT A X IF YOU WANT TO OPEN IT NOW....WHEN I say yes..open it...................it wont open. Something goes haywire and it says ERASER NEEDS TO CLOSE..SOME KIND OF PROBLEM.

mudcat said:
looks like no help on this matter. I give up on this program. :cry:
We are volunteers here and we have a life away from Eraser. If we can't reply within a short space of time, I'm sorry, but that's life.

I did not say that the program did not install. I said that the installation failed, which is not the same thing. If you follow my earlier advice, to use a procedure that has always worked for me, you may get a better result.

David

Back