Eraser Plugin Setting

hellenikitas

I changed the setting in Eraser and ever since then it doesn't work at all. Every time I open it I simply get this error message: "The First/last 16KB erasure method requires another erasure method to erase the file. This must be set in the Plugin Settings dialog."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Eraser 5 times and it just will not open or allow me to change the settings. What can I do to fix this please?

hellenikitas said:
I changed the setting in Eraser and ever since then it doesn't work at all. Every time I open it I simply get this error message: "The First/last 16KB erasure method requires another erasure method to erase the file. This must be set in the Plugin Settings dialog."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Eraser 5 times and it just will not open or allow me to change the settings. What can I do to fix this please?
You should be able to change the Erasing setting, after you change the erasing method are you clicking ok and not just Xing the dialoge box . What operating System are you using, try looking in the registry for "Heidi". Do a computer search for any Heidi Eraser file and be careful what you delete. After you uninstall Eraser you should use something like Ccleaner. I use Ccleaner and Tuneup Utility 2008. Another posibility is searching documents and settings for Heidi to get rid of everything that has to do with Heidi's Eraser. Which setting did you in change in Eraser that started all the trouble try and remember.

You're having a corrupted install: FL16KB is only found in v6, not v5.

Back