Eraser V 6.0.7.1893

clearall

System Win 7 x64
Main prog start and also erase a file(s) by explorershell following windows error:

Beschrijving:
Stopped working

Probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: CLR20r3
Probleemhandtekening 01: eraser.exe
Probleemhandtekening 02: 6.0.7.1893
Probleemhandtekening 03: 4bbfca0e
Probleemhandtekening 04: mscorlib
Probleemhandtekening 05: 2.0.0.0
Probleemhandtekening 06: 4a27471d
Probleemhandtekening 07: 47a7
Probleemhandtekening 08: 85
Probleemhandtekening 09: System.IO.FileLoadException
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Landinstelling-id: 1043
----------------
-Prog is installed in shell, but same error if erase a file(s)
------------
-Windows error solutions reports:
Eraser cannot connect to the running instance for erasures
(see above)

-Old erasure version Erasure setup 64.exe works with exceptions:
Every 2 or 3 system working days this erasure version disappears in the shell for erasing marked single or multiple files.
After a new install repair, its back again for the next 2-3 days.

-Remeber the winxp days there where no problems with erasure. I presume current erasure versions are not fit for Win Vista and 7.

And yes, I closed my firewall-virus etc.... before installation and use.

Any advice?

Did you have a Version 6.1 build installed? If so, delete the Eraser Task List. See the 'sticky' thread at to top of the forum list. This would also be the action to take if the Task List has become corrupt.

David

The FileLoadException is characteristic of an incompatible task list. Delete the task list and it should be fine, as DavidHB said. The subsequent problems would also be resolved.

clearall said:
-Old erasure version Erasure setup 64.exe works with exceptions:
Every 2 or 3 system working days this erasure version disappears in the shell for erasing marked single or multiple files.
After a new install repair, its back again for the next 2-3 days.
We've not had separate 64/32-bit builds of Eraser for quite a few versions now. Your version here must be pretty old (I believe at least 2 years old)

Tks Joel-David for advice.

No v6.1 installation before and no task list found on hd. Old version x64 indeed.
However, again removed everything in register by name eraser or heidi etc...
Quite a lot. 2 other progs stopped working including Adobe Lightroom, no data loss, not a problem.

Installation eraser v6.0.7, ok now.
Bizzie Bizzie Bizzie!

Greetings,

Well, you certainly lived up to your user name! I'm glad it's now working, but it might help others to know how to avoid the problems you encountered on the way.

The strict rule with the Registry is not to change or delete anything you don't understand, and make a backup (or set a System Restore point) beforehand. Also rather than editing the Registry directly, it is better for most users to use a Registry cleaner when they have uninstalled the offending program(and deleted all the folders they can find related to that program in Program Files, Program Files(x86) and Appdata). There are good free Registry cleaners available; I use the Tweaknow Power Pack, and others use CCleaner.

If you must edit the Registry, delete only keys and values you are certain sure relate exclusively to the specific program you have uninstalled. Many keys have values relating to more than one program; in such a case, delete only the specific value, and not the whole key. If you don't know how to do this, don't do anything. Many residual Registry entries are harmless in any case.

David

Back