Eraser v5.86 silent (unattended) installation and uninstall

gunnarh

I needed to automate the Installation and Uninstall of eraser v5.86, therefore I seached around but could not find answers for my questions. After some research I found the solution which I wanted to share with this community:

Silent Installation (Batch-Script):

Code:
EraserSetup32.exe /s

if you want to enable Logging (which is VERY VERY slow! Installation is several minutes instead of just seconds when enabling Logging!):

Code:
EraserSetup32.exe /s /l=C:\Temp\EraserSetup.log

If you want to change the Name of the Start-Menu Group (I don't like to use the default Shortcut-Group-Name) this is the Solution:

This Example creates the Eraser-Shortcuts in a custom directory (I use a german WinXP and want a group "Sicherheit" (= Security in German) where the sub-group "Eraser - sicheres löschen" (= "Eraser - secure delete" in German) should be created:

Code:
set LINKBASE=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Startmenü\Sicherheit
set LINK=%LINKBASE%\Eraser - sicheres löschen
EraserSetup32.exe /s SHORTCUTFOLDER="%LINK%" SHORTCUTFILESALL="%LINKBASE%" SHORTCUTFILES="%LINKBASE%"

If your silent Installation needs to reboots your machine (and you don't like this behavior) add this Parameter:
Code:
REBOOT=ReallySuppress

and now the Uninstall:
Code:
set SETUPDIR=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Anwendungsdaten\{A25FEDC1-F6D7-440C-BCE2-B71F595F6646}

"%SETUPDIR%\EraserSetup32.exe" /s REMOVE=TRUE
Please notice, that "Anwendungsdaten" is a localised string (German WinXP). An english OS probably has the Folder "AppData" instead.

If you need a Logfile you can add
Code:
/l=c:\temp\EraserUninstall.log
(but this is very slow!).

Thank you. Stickied.

Joel

Is there any way to specify a default .ers file to use when installing like this? Would be very handy in a corporate environment (or any where you have to do a large number of installs) to be able to ensure all compters get set up with the same base scheduled tasks.

Back