Eraser Will not delete no matter what

ShadowDemon420

How are you all doing... I am using windows vista.. and I am having problems with eraser I have tried everything... well here is my problem I installed Eraser 5.86.1 and heres my story Im not sure if theres another topic about this but please forgive me... I am using this program to delete music.. heres what happens when I try to delete.. an error message comes up and says administrator privliges required.. so what i did is I went to the icon went to properties and I went to the shortcut icon and clicked on the advance and went to run as administrator than i went to compatibility and went to the privlege level and checked the run as the administrator ... as well than I went to security and it was automatically in full control so I went and unchecked the inheritable permissions from this objects parent so the inherit is off.. so than I open the on demand up... and I went to my music folder and it wouldent let me drag the folder to on demand so than since it wouldent let me drag the file i figured to open the explorer through the on demand and i find the folder and the right clicked and went to erase and then i thought it was going to work but right when the progress bar at the bottom reaches 96% it stops and gives me the same pop up that said administrator privliges required except this time it dident say that its the same error though.... than i said well what the hell so i went back to the icon and right clicked and went to properties agian and i went to run this program in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 2 and i thought that would help so I went to to the on demand and went to the explorer and found the folder tried to delete and it still would not delete.... so my final attempt even though i went to the properties and said run as administrator... I just right clicked and went to run as administrator tried to delete the folder and it still would not work.. so I am pretty much stumped I have been trying to work on this for like 5 days now... what I am trying to say is that could anyone help me out why it just does not want to co-oprate so Im just hoping you guys might give me some insight thank you a bunch if you can help me

you know i was thinking maybe I am using the wrong version of eraser I have tried to find the the http://www.heidi.ie/download/eraser583Betasetup.exe

But not i see no option what so ever to download the 583 beta so idk does anyone know where I can actually find the version for windows vista???? I have been trying for a couple weeks now trying to figure out a reason why my eraser will not work so you know where i can find the eraser 583 beta setup?? just wondering if you do than you if you do

*update* i found a download link and installed it and it still does not work so im very much confused... well if someone knows my prop i hope you help me out

You should not need administrator privileges. If you do get such a message, please tell me what the exact message is (messages in Windows now are so convoluted that a change in one word can mean a totally different thing.)

ShadowDemon420 said:
so what i did is I went to the icon went to properties and I went to the shortcut icon and clicked on the advance and went to run as administrator than i went to compatibility and went to the privlege level and checked the run as the administrator ... as well than I went to security and it was automatically in full control so I went and unchecked the inheritable permissions from this objects parent so the inherit is off.
Okay the first bit on checking the run as administrator box is correct: This is good if you want to erase the free space of drives. But there's no need to set security to full control, that's regarding the ACLs of the shortcut which does not matter in your case.

ShadowDemon420 said:
so than I open the on demand up... and I went to my music folder and it wouldent let me drag the folder to on demand
Yes it wouldn't. You cannot drag files from a non-elevated process into an elevated process. Running as administrator elevates the process to a different security level. This is a Windows design (feature!).

You could try using 5.86 or the beta 5.87 from the Updates Forum. That should help. And remember to give exact errors in future, please :)

Regards,
Joel

Back