Eraser Won't Run!

mtwieck

I downloaded the most recent version of eraser (6.0.8.2273) and installed it without error. When I try to execute it, it will not run. I get an error window wanting to send an error report to MicroSoft. The older version (6.0.7.1893) works OK or at least as well as it ever did. I'm running Win XP Pro SP3 with 2GB memory. The info from the error report follow below. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.

Error Signature

Event Type: clr20r3 P1:eraser.exe P2:6.0.8.2273 P3:4cd2be16

P4:mscorlib P5:2.0.0.0 P6:4a7cd8f7 P7:219d P8:0

P9:system.io.fileloadexecption

To all who reply thanks for the help, Mike

Try deleting the Task List file. Details of how to do this are in the FAQ topic "Common Eraser Questions". Then try running Eraser again.

David

DavidHB said:
Try deleting the Task List file. Details of how to do this are in the FAQ topic "Common Eraser Questions". Then try running Eraser again.

David

DavidHB, Thanks for the info, did as you suggested and it fixed my problem. I did check out FAQ before posting but didn't catch that as relating to what I was seeing.

Thanks againt, MIke

It's funny how essentially the same problem manifests itself in a number of ways. But it's a good rule that if Eraser installs correctly but crashes on startup, deleting the Task List is the first thing to try.
I'm glad that i's fixed.

David

Back