erasing a list of files at a single click

herbalist

I would like to set up one of the eraser components (eraserl?) to erase a separate list of files from a single click. The list (eg. file A on folder1, file B on folder2, etc) would be separate from the scheduled and "on demand" lists shown in the interface. I would like this to also run silently. How do I set this up on win 98?
Rick

BTW, I'm glad to see this forum works with Mozilla again. For the longest time, I couldn't make it log in. Good work.

How about creating a batch file (.bat), which contains separate calls to eraserl.exe for each file you wish to erase? Something like this (not tested):
Code:
@echo off
eraserl -silent -queue -file C:\tmp\file.1
eraserl -silent -queue -folder C:\tmp\somefolder -subfolders
eraserl -silent -queue -file C:\tmp\file.2
Use the -silent parameter to hide any windows and program output and the -queue parameter to serialize the execution, i.e. run only one instance of eraserl.exe at a time. A full list of supported command line parameters is shown when you run eraserl.exe without parameters. They are also listed in the help file.

Guest,
The batch file idea does work. Found the -queue parameter wasn't necessary when used in a batch file.
Looking at the "queue" parameter in the list makes me wonder if/how it would be possible to enter multiple files into the command line and not have to run separate instances for each, avoiding the need for a batch file entirely, which still shows up momentarily on the screen, even with "run minimized" selected.
Thanks for the idea.
Rick

Found the -queue parameter wasn't necessary when used in a batch file.
You're right, it's not necessary, but if you have many eraserl commands in the batch file, it reduces system load. If you have many large files to be erased, using -queue might even be faster.

Looking at the "queue" parameter in the list makes me wonder if/how it would be possible to enter multiple files into the command line
The current eraserl does not support multiple items in the command line, which was probably why the -queue was added. If support for erasing multiple items is ever added, I think it may be better to have the program read a file where the items are listed instead of giving them all in the command line.

Back