Erasing Deleted Emails - Microsoft Outlook 2007

rawlad

Hi
I'm very new to using Eraser...
Please can somebody give me step by step instructions on how to delete emails, (using eraser 6.07.1893), from the "deleted items" folder in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
I am using windows 7.
Thanks in advance

You can't do this, at least in the sense I think you mean. Use the Outlook 'Purge Deleted Messages' command.

Simplifying things a bit, email messages are contained in what is essentially a database; when you delete a message, you are in effect deleting a record from the database. Eraser deals with whole files; database records are (typically) part of a file. When you purge deleted records, you will typically reduce the size of the database file(s); any space that is thereby cleared will be wiped as part of an Eraser free space wipe, but that is the only contribution Eraser can make to the process.

You really need to read about deleting emails in a forum about Outlook.

David

I Erase the Trashfolder and Sent folder in Thunderbird, the folder in the user interface disapears but re appears when you delete a email to the trash. I haven't tryed it in outlook, but it should be similar. Hunting for the right file with the right email address on it (when you try it do it with a un important email FIRST).

I'm no Outlook expert (like Carver, I use Thunderbird), but I do know that there are possible variations in the way Outlook is set up and that the whole email store can reside in one .pst file. It is also, I believe, possible to have Outlook treat each mess age as a separate file, but that is not the default configuration. With so many possible variations, it is difficult to offer usable advice on a forum such as this.

David

DavidHB said:
I'm no Outlook expert (like Carver, I use Thunderbird), but I do know that there are possible variations in the way Outlook is set up and that the whole email store can reside in one .pst file. It is also, I believe, possible to have Outlook treat each mess age as a separate file, but that is not the default configuration. With so many possible variations, it is difficult to offer usable advice on a forum such as this.

David
Haha, I do use Outlook, and there is no way to erase messages at the moment. The whole PST is one database, the best bet is to delete the message, create a new PST, export everything over, erase the old PST, and use the new PST as the database.

Back