Erasing free space of a disk : always reports errors ...

dabruna

Erasing free space of a disk : always reports errors ...
Two different disks and the same error after erasing their unused space.

Error Files in H:\System Volume Information did not have its cluster tips erased because of the following error:
Access to the path 'H:\System Volume Information' is denied.

So after one hour "is denied" ?
Has the unused space erased or not ?

Thanks

Hi buddy, looks like you don't have access to this file/folder. Are you logged in as admin? Windows 7? Try granting permission on this folder too.

For XP make sure you are logged in as administrator, check there is a reasonable amount of diskspace free, empty the recycle bin and retry.

Fresh reinstall of 6.0.10.2620
Admin running on XP, recycle empty.
Disk : a new one, previsously formatted, partitioned and written with few data.
Launched the "erase the unused space" only once, but how there two tasks one queued along with the correct other ?

Anyway the result is same I informed time ago:
"Error Files in H:\System Volume Information did not have its cluster tips erased because of the following error: Access to the path 'H:\System Volume Information' is denied."

Folder images here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nd1u5wveb06xgxj/B-dqlhb6BH

With new version floppy is same always accessing.

Also, a new bug, when executing a wipe of file, the window for the task is not visible also in the tray bar.

But .... when releasing new version, did you check before it also in XP ?

With this floppy problem I'll need to get an XP machine with a floppy drive, these days that could be a near impossible task, currently we test with XP VM images.

The task window you mention is a feature missing problem from 6.0

Await the next release....

"The task window you mention is a feature missing problem from 6.0 "
It is NOT the truth.
With Eraser 6.0.10.2620 this windows was present !

yes but this feature is excluded in 6.1 - could you send me a screen shot so I know we are talking about the same thing.

System Volume Information is a protected folder and no one will be able to touch it. So don't worry about that error.

I probably might implement some whitelist that won't report these kinds of errors. But I'm not sure.

I'm not trying to defend Eraser or anything, but CCleaner targets a slightly different audience. Naturally the behaviour would be different.

Eraser started out as a tool for (very) paranoid people. Or, well, at least I thought so.

Back