Erasing Mobile Phone memory??

abbielaze

Hi All,

I have just sold my Sony Ericsson Satio, and I was wondering if I can use this software to remove info from the phone internal memory and the memory card?
At this point in time, I know that Identity theft is a huge issue and I want to protect myself without harming my phone.
I'd be glad for any advice you can lend in regards to this matter.

Thanks !!
Manda

If the memory is on a card that can be removed from the phone, and mounted in a card reader, Eraser can access it in the same way as any other drive. Note that, because of the way flash memory works, Eraser cannot directly erase the files. I suggest that you format the drive, and then run a free space erase on it.

Eraser cannot touch any memory permanently fixed in the phone, unless that can be mounted as a Windows drive. Nor can it erase the entries in your SIM card, but I assume you will be holding on to that.

David

Eraser can't do this at the moment; and even when it can there are always the problems in this thread.

I don't think that Joel meant to imply that Eraser cannot do the things I said it could (and which may or may not meet the need in this case). The thread he linked to provides the background to the known inability to erase files on a flash drive.

David

Oops -- indeed, I could have phrased it better.

Yeah, unless it's a drive Windows can access, Eraser cannot erase the contents of drives. The problems presented in that thread is merely a summary of the potential problems erasing unused space on flash memory can pose.

DavidHB said:
If the memory is on a card that can be removed from the phone, and mounted in a card reader, Eraser can access it in the same way as any other drive. Note that, because of the way flash memory works, Eraser cannot directly erase the files. I suggest that you format the drive, and then run a free space erase on it.

Eraser cannot touch any memory permanently fixed in the phone, unless that can be mounted as a Windows drive. Nor can it erase the entries in your SIM card, but I assume you will be holding on to that.

David

Awesome thanks for the help. This method worked perfectly for me to set up my Mobile Voip phone. I'm pleased to say I just made my first voip cal]

-Jim Mason

Back