"Error loading operating system"

Desperate

I have a pentium 4 Dell Dimension 2350 and just recently wiped my computer (I think) using DBAN. Sadly, after I shut down my computer when prompted if I wanted to save a log..when I turned my computer on I get "Error loading operating system." I am exremely worried. I just tried to change my comps BIOS to load up the CDROM drive before the floppy in an effort to make it load my Windows XP home edition CD. Sadly, I got nothing more than the same error. "Error loading operating system_" I am in need of immediate assistance. I tried using the FAQ and searched the forum for other topics that might have been related to my problem. Sadly, I found nothing along the lines of my problem. Please help me as I am doubtful that I have the funds to buy a new computer.

I get "Error loading operating system."
This will happen until you reinstall an operating system to the hard disk.

I just tried to change my comps BIOS to load up the CDROM drive before the floppy in an effort to make it load my Windows XP home edition CD.
This problem often happens with burned CD-R media. Obtain genuine stamped Microsoft Windows installation media and use it instead.

For further assistance, mention in your next message the Microsoft part number from the disc that you are trying to use. (Note that this is not the product license key that you must enter during setup, which will be printed on a sticker.)

Also double-check that the CD-ROM drive is blinking at boot time and that you are not missing a "Press any key to boot from CD-ROM..." prompt.

Back