ERRORS WHILE RUNNING ERASER

usandpups

I HAVE 4 ERRORS - THREE SYSTEM ARGUMENT EXCEPTIONS AND ONE SYSTEM NULL REFERENCE EXCEPTION - THESE ARE FROM FOUR DIFFERENT DATES.
I HAVE TRIED TO SUBMIT NOW ON EACH OCCASION AND ALWAYS GET A ERROR
SQLSTATE[42000] ERROR 1064
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE?
THANKS, FRANK

First, a gentle request. Please do not use block caps on the forum. A number of us (and especially Joel!) feel that it is rather like shouting ...

What version of Eraser are you using, please, and on which OS?

David

Sorry about the caps - certainly was not shouting. By time I realized the cap lock was on I had finioshed and to lazy to redo.
I'm using version 6.1.0.1891 on windows vista home premium.
Thanks again and sorry.
Frank

Thank you for your understanding.

1891 is a now superseded development build. For normal production use, try installing the current stable build (6.0.7.1893), but please read the advice on installing this over 6.1 (a sticky at the top of this forum) before you do so.

David

I never did find the sticky you referred to?
I totally uninstalled and reinstalled 6.0.7.1893.
When I start it I get message "eraser has stopped working"
What have I done wrong?
Thanks, F

usandpups said:
What have I done wrong?
You didn't find the sticky. Joel's found it for you.

David

I deleted the registry key referred to and reinstalled eraser - When I start it I still get message "eraser has stopped working"
any other ideas that will get this up and running? Thanks

You should delete the task list. Please re-read the sticky.

David

I found it - looked in wrong area first time and thought it wasn't there.
Working fine now. Thanks to you and Joel for your quick replys to issues.
Frank

Just when I thought everything was running smoothly, I am now getting error that says "There is not enough space on the disk"
Last time i looked my disk was less than 1/3 used and nothing has been added.
The last eraser cleanup showed this error.
Any ideas?
Frank

usandpups said:
Any ideas?
Yes, this error (which has quite complex causes) is a known issue on which Joel is working, when he gets the chance, as he has other unavoidable commitments at the moment.

There is plenty of information about recovering lost disk space in the FAQ (link below). Essentially, Windows stopped Eraser, which could not then clean up after itself; you need to delete the temporary files. You may actually find that there is no space at all on the drive; if so, that is a good thing, because the wipe will be complete.

David

usandpups said:
Just when I thought everything was running smoothly, I am now getting error that says "There is not enough space on the disk"
Last time i looked my disk was less than 1/3 used and nothing has been added.
The last eraser cleanup showed this error.
Any ideas?
Frank
Check again that your drive isn't full, if need be, you may have to boot into Safe Mode and delete the temporary files left over, or if Windows refuses to boot completely, a Linux boot disk and remove the Eraser temporary folder.

Back