Failure message after clearing unused space.

AbbyD

Plase explain the following error message I got after cleaning unused space on a reformatted 100MB floppy.

Information:
Statistics: Erased area = 97508 kB Cluster tips = 0 bytes Data written = 97508 kB Write time = 112.31 s Write speed = 868 kB/s

Failures:
Error: Failed to clean directory entry F:\, could not prevent other programs from touching it.
Error: Failed to erase file names from drive F:\, don't know why exactly.

AbbyD - Please tell me where you're getting 100MB floppy discs - the only ones I can get hold only 1.44MB. Pete

100MB floppy disks

Spy 1,

They are Iomega ZIP disks. The older versions came in 100MB and the newer versions (not interchangeable) COME IN 250MB.

AbbyD

That explains it.

Sorry, I can't help you with those as I have no experience at all with them (and the Eraser "Help" file really doesn't get too in-depth about them).

Anyone? Pete

Those are called Zip disks, they were orignally made by Iomega. They are now made by other companys (the Disks, not the recorder/player tape machine), the come in 100mb; 250mb and 750mb through I never seen any.
AbbyD
Information:
Statistics: Erased area = 97508 kB Cluster tips = 0 bytes Data written = 97508 kB Write time = 112.31 s Write speed = 868 kB/s

Failures:
Error: Failed to clean directory entry F:\, could not prevent other programs from touching it.
That is just your erase report that you see after you erase something.

Hi, Carver,

It is the last two lines of that cryptic message that got my interest. This is what the Eraser app advised:

AbbyD

AbbyD said:
Hi, Carver,

It is the last two lines of that cryptic message that got my interest. This is what the Eraser app advised:

AbbyD
You are going to get Failed to clean messages, but those exact lines, thought you were making those two lines up. :wink:

Back