free space wipe make unreadable ALL data on 2 hard-disk

I think ciropizza means he uses the first and last 2k option for deleting files not for deleting freespace.

ciropizza: can you do a check. Can you start Eraser and go to Edit - Preferences - Erasing and tell us what are the options you have for:

Files
Unused Disk Space

the latter should have all options that are in the former except for the first and last 2k option which should be missing.

No the problem is that he did his free space wipe using the Scheduler which allows him to select the First/Last 2KB pass. And at the same time allowing him to select a free space wipe. The end result is that he will get a First/last pass for the free space wipe.

Bug reported and confirmed. Overwriter please do me a favour and bug this if I haven't done it....

Joel

Overwriter please do me a favour and bug this if I haven't done it....

:oops: Sorry, I have been a bit slow around here today. I have noticed that you have done it yourself though.

oh, I understand now. So using the scheduler to do a freespace wipe uses the erasing options set out in Preferences - Erasing - Files option rather than Preferences - Erasing - Unused Disk Space.

Thankfully, I've never used the scheduler to do a free space wipe, and never did even under v5.7 (which doesn't have the first / last 2kb option) I always use the right click option on the actual disk drive ("erase unused space") and deleted the scheduled task after installing eraser.

well, just to let you know, i was able to recover all the mails -thanks the bat recovered .tbb databases; then i formatted all the disks.

did you remove the 5.84 form the server download?

hi.

Back