Function of included file

cmdonw

Please advise as to the function of file ERASERL.EXE. It's in my Startup listed with Title of EraserRestartErase(1) and Command of 1203884955.(null) -method DOD_E. I suppose that could just be the way it's set, for Department of Defense 3 overwrites. However, I haven't been able to find a "basic" .exe file, such as eraser.exe, so maybe I'm wrong. I like to have as few files and/or utilities in my Startup as possible. I appreciate any help.

cmdonw said:
Please advise as to the function of file ERASERL.EXE. It's in my Startup listed with Title of EraserRestartErase(1) and Command of 1203884955.(null) -method DOD_E. I suppose that could just be the way it's set, for Department of Defense 3 overwrites. However, I haven't been able to find a "basic" .exe file, such as eraser.exe, so maybe I'm wrong. I like to have as few files and/or utilities in my Startup as possible. I appreciate any help.
You can stop Eraser from running at startup by going to the program and unclicking "Start Scheduler At Windows startup"

To do this, start Eraser then Edit->Preferences->General->(click the Scheduler tab-> unclick "Start Scheduler At Windows startup"

EraserL is a command line version of Eraser. It may have been here because you scheduled a erase files on restart or similar request when erasing files. If it still is there after multiple restarts then you can safely delete it.

Robbie's answer is not the cause of this entry, do note. (sorry)

Joel

Back